meet TACHA MERRITT
Director of Benefits, Large Market
San Jose Office
email@example.com | 408.350.8421
Tacha joined the Filice family in 2010, providing HR management support to not only our clients, but our Filice team as well. With a Bachelor of Science in Human Resource Management, Tacha worked closely with the Director of HR Compliance to provide guidance on employment issues ranging from hiring, handbook reviews, and HR audits to health and safety, leave of absence administration, reasonable accommodations, record retention, and employee terminations.
As of 2017, Tacha began managing brokerage efforts in our large group space, which consists of all groups with more than 100 employees. Tacha assists throughout the entire renewal process on benefit renewal analysis and strategies, plan design efforts, and creating a seamless employee benefits package. Over the years, she has established strong relationships with all of our carrier representatives, which is a crucial piece of obtaining competitive marketing proposals on behalf of our client partners.
What you don’t know about me
– I loveeeee Greek mythology! My 7th grade history teacher is definitely to blame.
– Reality TV! I am a sucker for all things reality television. It’s a guilty pleasure and great escape all at the same time.
Favorite music genre
– My favorite music genre is old school rhythm and blues. Like super old school 30’s to 60’s. Something about that era of music just feels good!
Favorite book or author
– My favorite author is Iyanla Vanzant. I feel like her books speak directly to me without knowing anything about me.
Favorite thing about working at Filice
– The people. Our company culture is really like an extended family. Figuratively and literally. Not having my immediate family here with me in the Bay Area, it’s great to be able to count on my co-workers for support.
On your bucket list
– To travel across the country in an RV and stop at every landmark and hokey diner along the way.
“I’ve learned that people will forget what said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” ~ Maya Angelou