client SERVICE MANAGER
- Management of ongoing client service relationships for up to 20 clients.
- Maintain open and clear communication channels with clients, producers and internal partners.
- Identify problems, summarize and develop strategic solutions.
- Install new group insurance contracts for existing clients or new clients, effectively utilizing resources to match client needs.
- Administer annual renewals including preparing proposals if appropriate and communicating any contractual changes to the clients and carriers.
- Gather documents required to prepare annual 5500 filings if applicable and ensure submission in a timely manner. Provide summary annual reports for clients.
- Inform clients of ERISA, COBRA, FMLA/CFRA and other leaves, and other benefits compliance measures. Review and assist clients to complete the Benefits Disclosure Compliance calendar annually.
- Develop employee memorandum drafts and Benefits Booklets for clients to communicate the following: annual renewal changes, enrollment procedures, miscellaneous benefit changes and/or clarifications.
- Develop and maintain excellent carrier relationships. Assist client/employee with unresolved benefits matters, including eligibility and claims issues.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Prior group employee health benefits experience required.
- 4-year college degree or industry specific designation preferred.
- Must currently hold Life and Health insurance license and retain license by meeting the continuing education requirements.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Spanish language skills a plus.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to self-check work.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Task oriented, excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize work load.
- Enthusiastic attitude, cooperative team player, adaptable to new or changing circumstances, professional demeanor, sensitive to client needs, self-motivated, creative and innovative.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- High level of computer literacy including working knowledge of Windows, Excel, Word and Power Point.