After working as a Staff Accountant for 8+ years at a Pharmaceutical Company in Palo Alto, CA, Rolando was presented the opportunity to work for The Principal Financial Group in 2000 where he started his career in the Employee Benefits Industry as an Account Executive. As a Business Development Manager for Filice Insurance, Rolando truly cares about creating significant client relationships and always doing what’s in the clients’ best interest.
What you don’t know about me
– I’m bi-lingual and taught myself to read and write Spanish.
What might surprise you about me
– I went sky-diving out in Monterey, Ca. Oh yeahhh!
– Definitely enjoy Lindt Milk Chocolate while drinking my favorite beer, Hoegaarden, on a weekend evening at home. Double the guilt, double the pleasure.
Favorite music genre
– Totally varies, but I love my Classic Rock. A concert that stands out is when I first saw the Rolling Stones back in ’81 at what used to be Jack Murphy Stadium in San Diego, now Qualcom. Jimmy Buffet opened the show.
Favorite book or author
– Golf Magazine, LOL … Hey, you learn all kinds of things!
– Sports! I love sports … golf, mountain biking, snow-skiing, rollerblading, hiking, the gym, watching sports on TV, traveling, cooking, the symphony, live theater, book stores, museums., and of course, shopping for clothes!
Biggest personal challenge
– When my mom passed…
What would be your career if you didn’t choose this one?
– I studied for three years at Mission College to become a Firefighter. I passed the written and physical agility tests with several local cities, but was never randomly selected to the Oral Board interview.
Favorite thing about working at Filice
– Working at Filice is amazing due to all the positive energy, the super nice people, their tremendous talent, and the opportunity to work with and help our clients.
On your bucket list
– Continue to travel as long as I can, attend the golf British Open tournament in the UK, and venturing to the Summer Olympics would be awesome!