Charlie Weckel is a graduate of The University of San Francisco (BS Degree in Business Administration) whose 14 years of experience with Filice involve Strategic Benefits Planning, Implementation, and Client Relationship Management. Prior to joining Filice, Charlie spent 12 years at United Parcel Service (UPS), beginning as a driver, and subsequently advancing into a management role within Domestic and International sales.
What might surprise you about me
– I’m from “Jersey” (you got a problem with that?!) but moved to California long ago so now I try to act all “West Coast” 😉 while loving my Dallas Cowboys (we all have our faults!).
– Friday night pizza (many, many slices) and beer!
Favorite music genre
– A mix of rock (Dave Matthews) and newer alternative (Cage the Elephant) not to mention many others that might not ring a bell 😉
– Exercise: daily in the gym, seasonal cycling, and recently became interested in the Reebok Spartan Racing. First race done, hopefully more to follow!
What would be your career if you didn’t choose this one?
– Likely coaching youth or becoming employed in a service related industry where travel was involved.
Favorite thing about working at Filice
– Without question, the people I’ve had the good fortune to meet and work with over the years (colleagues, clients, vendors, all included!).
– I have two:
“Anything worth having is worth waiting for” ~ Jack London
There’s ALWAYS a “Silver Lining” ~ Unknown
Anything else you want to share
– Love the Hawaiian spirit and culture!