Kirk began his career at Filice Insurance in the San Jose office as a Property & Casualty broker. He transitioned to the Health Insurance business in 2006 and has been serving the majority of our larger accounts managed out of the Folsom office since.
What you don’t know about me
– I love sports, traditional and extreme. Of all the sports I’ve played I enjoyed ice hockey the most. It combines the speed, athleticism, vision, creativity, endurance, and teamwork that are required in many of my favorite sports, all in one.
What might surprise you about me
– I surfed in Hawaii, climbed to the top of Yosemite, caught a Yellowfin Tuna deep sea fishing in Cabo, and hit a hole-in-one at Carmel Mountain Ranch Golf Course…not in the same day.
– Chocolate, peanut butter and ice cream…preferably all mixed together.
Favorite music genre
Favorite book or author
– Does Twitter count?
– Sports and anything you’d see in an REI commercial, well, almost anything.
Biggest personal challenge
– Self-reflection, including writing a bio.
What would be your career if you didn’t choose this one?
– Baseball scout. I love to find diamonds in the rough.
Favorite thing about working at Filice
– The people, the atmosphere, and of course, the flexibility.
On your bucket list
– Fly a helicopter, in Hawaii.
Anything else you want to share?
– The hole in one was an accident, the shot just missed the green, kicked off the ridge, rolled 30 feet across the green and fell into the cup…but we still went crazy when it dropped!
“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
SAN JOSE HQ
738 N. First Street
San Jose, CA 95112