At Filice, we thrive on creating employee benefits solutions built on the idea that health makes growth possible. As top-tier professionals dedicated to solving our clients’ health and welfare insurance challenges, Filice team members deliver an unrivaled depth of service, and our unique approach enables us to help clients stay resilient and turn change into opportunity. This position is a chance to join a dynamic, expanding company with prospects for individual and career growth.
Responsible for collaborating with Client Service Managers/Client Service Executives on the development and execution of client-centered strategies. Collaborates on a book of business and contributes to the work of a multi-disciplined service team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain open and clear communication channels with team members, clients (employees), and vendor partners.
• Accommodate and meet due dates, timelines, and expectations of clients and partners to ensure smooth transitions and implementation of benefits.
• Adapt and shift to successfully manage a high level of on-demand tasks in real time
• Handle an increased volume of tasks and activities in Quarter 4 (Sept-Dec).
• Identify problems, summarize, and resolve.
• As directed by Client Service Team, support employee Open Enrollment meetings.
• Collect and track Schedules for the annual 5500 filings if applicable and ensure submission in a timely manner. Post summary annual reports to client websites.
• Create employee communications and Benefits Booklets for clients to communicate the following: annual renewal changes, enrollment procedures, miscellaneous benefit changes and/or clarifications.
• Develop and maintain excellent carrier relationships.
• Clearly and accurately explain the basic tenets of all coverage lines.
• Fluency in Health and Welfare Programs, compliance, administration, billing, eligibility, Section 125 Plans, COBRA, HIPAA, ACA, and Required DOL/IRS Employer Notifications.
• Assist client/employee with unresolved benefits matters, including eligibility and claims issues.
• Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
• Prior group health benefits experience preferred.
• 4-year college degree or industry-specific designation preferred.
• Must currently hold Life and Health insurance license and retain license by meeting the continuing education requirements OR must obtain CA insurance license within 90 days of employment. The company will cover the costs of the licensing process.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Adobe InDesign or comparable marketing software a plus.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to self-check work.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Task-oriented, excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize workload.
• Enthusiastic attitude, cooperative team player, adaptable to new or changing circumstances, professional demeanor, sensitive to client needs, self-motivated, creative, and innovative.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• High level of computer literacy including working knowledge of Windows, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Spanish language skills a plus but not required.
We are proud to provide comprehensive, high-quality employee programs to meet employees’ needs now and in the future, including a very competitive financial package. We encourage you to explore what we have to offer.
Filice is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
If you are applying for a job and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us.
Pay Range: $55K-$80k, plus bonus – salary ranges depend on experience.
By signing below, you accept the above duties and tasks.